Young Peoples Programmes
Tivoli offers a range of programmes for disadvantaged young people in the South Dublin / North Wicklow area. These include education and training classes from basic literacy and numeracy classes up to QQI level 4 modules and include subjects like: IT, woodwork, art, communications, work experience, horticulture, health & fitness, English, maths.
Many of Tivoli’s clients are early school leavers, and have never fitted into formal education, so Tivoli offers an approach that helps them find their strengths, while working around the challenges that keep them from thriving in a standard centre.
Clients can be referred by the HSE, JLO, YPP or can just drop in themselves if they are interested!
Alongside this formal education programme, we also offer regular key-working, optional activities and outings, and some programmes that are geared to clients who are not currently ready for a formal education programme. These change as needed, but have included:
- Regular outreach meetings
- Boxing each lunchtime, to add a break in the day
- DJ skills classes
- End-of-term fun outings (paintballing / go-carting)
- Educational outings
- Local walks
- Gaisce award activities (especially hikes)
- Evening ‘youth club’ activities
- Specific skills training (safe-pass, manual handling skills, etc)